Monday, May 24, 2010

American-

Name Daniel Kim_______________________________

Date May 24, 2010
Americans

Procedures

What are some things about your life that you value? List at least 5 things and explain each.
My Religion / Christianity
My family
Some friends
Basketball
Food

How do these things shape your behavior?
· They calm me
Based on who you are, complete the following statements”

I am informal when I have to
I am self-reliant when I play basketball
I am efficient when I put my mind to something
I think social equity involves friendliness
I am assertive when I put my mind to something
I am optimistic when it comes to sports

Not everyone in the world shares your values. Do you think every person in America shares your values? Why or Why Not? Does everyone in this classroom share your values? Why or Why Not?
I don’t think so because everyone in the world is different and we all have our own important things. I think that no one in my class room shares the same value as me because we all are different.

Essential Questions

How does it feel when others see you as different – or as an outsider?
I really don’t care because I have god.
How do your beliefs, values, and cultural upbringing influence the way you behave? Calms me down.
How can you avoid cultural stereotyping? Just treat them like you want to be treated.

6. Research the immigration law(s) recently passed in Arizona. Do you agree with the law(s)? Why or Why Not? ?’Yes because illegal bordering hopping is illegal.

No comments:

Post a Comment