Monday, May 24, 2010

Americans-Dylan Hagood

Name: Dylan Hagood
Date: May 24 10
Americans
Procedures

What are some things about your life that you value? List at least 5 things and explain each. I value my family because they love and take care of me. I value my friends because they will always be there for me. I value technology because It helps us with everyday life. I value school because I can get an education and learn. I value music because it lets me express my self.

How do these things shape your behavior? They shape my behavior because I base my life and behavior around these values.

Based on who you are, complete the following statements”

I am informal when I’m at home
I am self-reliant when my parents are gone
I am efficient when all the time
I think social equity involves being fair to every one
I am assertive when I need to beecause
I am optimistic try to be all the time

Not everyone in the world shares your values. Do you think every person in America shares your values? Why or Why Not? Does everyone in this classroom share your values? Why or Why Not? No because not every one has the same views on life as me or like’s the same music and stuff. I don’t think everyone in my class has the same views as me because they don’t like the same music

Essential Questions

How does it feel when others see you as different – or as an outsider? It doesn’t feel good because to be outside never feels good because people wont talk to you or hang out with you.
How do your beliefs, values, and cultural upbringing influence the way you behave? I was raised to be religious I’m not as religious now as I was then but my upbringing was to behave respectfully and nicely.
How can you avoid cultural stereotyping? A lot of the time you cant people will stereotype you no matter what the truth is.

6. Research the immigration law(s) recently passed in Arizona. Do you agree with the law(s)? Why or Why Not? Well I agree with some of the laws… really I just thing that you should have to be a citizen of America so that people don’t take advantage of you.

No comments:

Post a Comment