Monday, May 24, 2010

americans- aaliyah white

What are some things about your life that you value? List at least 5 things and explain each. My mom, my cell-phone, my dogs, my siblings, and my boyfriend. I care about these things because their just something that I care about a lot.

How do these things shape your behavior? These things show that im caring and that I care for a lot of things. Im not that kind of person that doesn’t care about most things.

Based on who you are, complete the following statements”

I am informal when I got to my house.
I am self-reliant when I need advice or need personal help with something.
I am efficient when I need to get my class work done or homework done.
I think social equity involves many colleges.
I am assertive when it involves anything about me and my life.
I am optimistic when someone wants me to decide something.

Not everyone in the world shares your values. Do you think every person in America shares your values? Why or Why Not? Does everyone in this classroom share your values? Why or Why Not? No, I don’t think everyone in the world shares my values because everyone’s different. Everyone in the classroom doesn’t share my values because their not me and we care about different things than, others.

Essential Questions

How does it feel when others see you as different – or as an outsider? Well if their from another place and think that im weird than, of course because their from a different place.
How do your beliefs, values, and cultural upbringing influence the way you behave? It can show my personality in many ways like if im caring or respectful.
How can you avoid cultural stereotyping? By learning about other cultures and what their into or something.

6. Research the immigration law(s) recently passed in Arizona. Do you agree with the law(s)? Why or Why Not? Yes, somewhat I agree with the laws because if a police officer stops an illegal citizen that isn’t supposed to live in our community than, they have a right to stop the citizen. In some way I also say no because its prejudice by them not wanting illegal Hispanics coming to America as immigrants.

No comments:

Post a Comment