Monday, May 24, 2010

Americans-Daisya Boyd

Name Daisya Boyd________________________________

Date May 24, 2010_________________________________

Americans

Procedures

What are some things about your life that you value? List at least 5 things and explain each. I value my mom and dad and also my phone, computer, family, and best friend.

How do these things shape your behavior?
Because it makes me who I am

Based on who you are complete the following statements”

I am informal when I am at home.
I am self-reliant when I do my homework.
I am efficient when I have to go an appointment.
I think social equity involves
I am assertive when
I am optimistic

Not everyone in the world shares your values. Do you think every person in America shares your values? Why or Why Not? Does everyone in this classroom share your values? Why or Why Not? Some people might share the some values as me like if you love your family that would be sharing the same value as me because I also love my family.

5.Essential Questions

How does it feel when others see you as different – or as an outsider? It really doesn’t bother me because I am who I am no matter if I’m different or what you either like me as I am or forget it.
How do your beliefs, values, and cultural upbringing influence the way you behave? Well like the way I respect my elders I don’t act inappropriate in front of them I respect them.
How can you avoid cultural stereotyping? Like just don’t do it just walk away.

6. Research the immigration law(s) recently passed in Arizona. Do you agree with the law(s)? Why or Why Not?

No comments:

Post a Comment