Monday, May 24, 2010

Americans - Michael Rosario

Name __Michael Rosario______________________________

Date _5-25-10________________________________

Americans

Procedures

What are some things about your life that you value? List at least 5 things and explain each. Education, health, family, music, friends

How do these things shape your behavior? These things inspire me to act the way I do. For example my friends and family have a big impact on my life and feelings.

Based on who you are, complete the following statements”

I am informal when I am hanging out with friends or family at home.
I am self-reliant when I have to work independently and have to count on myself.
I am efficient when
I think social equity involves

I am assertive when I am talking to people I have to work with in class.
I am optimistic when I watch the news.

Not everyone in the world shares your values. Do you think every person in America shares your values? Why or Why Not? Does everyone in this classroom share your values? Why or Why Not? No I do not think people in America have the same values because their cultures and things in there personal life influence the way they act or how they feel. I don’t think kids in this class think the same way because we all experience different things in our lives daily.

Essential Questions

How does it feel when others see you as different – or as an outsider? I feel shy and unwanted there.
How do your beliefs, values, and cultural upbringing influence the way you behave? Well it affects the way I treat people that are different from me.
How can you avoid cultural stereotyping? You can avoid it by not judging people by there culture but how they act towards others.

6. Research the immigration law(s) recently passed in Arizona. Do you agree with the law(s)? Why or Why Not? I do agree with it because even though they deserve the same treatment citizens do they are breaking the law and they may get in even more trouble.

No comments:

Post a Comment