Monday, May 24, 2010

americans-jeremy sherman

Name Jeremy Sherman___________________

Date 5-24-10___________________________

Americans

Procedures

What are some things about your life that you value? List at least 5 things and explain each. I value my life. The lives of others. The things people work for in life. I also value some family things like being with family or doing something with your family.

How do these things shape your behavior?
These things shape the way I behave and the mannerisms I use.
Based on who you are, complete the following statements”

I am informal when it is needed.
I am self-reliant when the situation calls for it.
I am efficient when it is needed.
I think social equity involves treating people the way you would like them to treat you.
I am assertive when I feel threatened or assertiveness is required.
I am optimistic most of the time because I have a positive outlook.

Not everyone in the world shares your values. Do you think every person in America shares your values? Why or Why Not? Does everyone in this classroom share your values? Why or Why Not? Not everyone share my vales because I value people and such I don’t use certain words that are offending to a majority of citizens.

Essential Questions

How does it feel when others see you as different – or as an outsider?
How do your beliefs, values, and cultural upbringing influence the way you behave?
How can you avoid cultural stereotyping?
I pretty much and believe in stereotyping. But when I see outsiders I view them as lonely and sad. I value the fact that most of the time these aren’t messed with. Most stereotypes are now no more because people have mixed cultures.
6. Research the immigration law(s) recently passed in Arizona. Do you agree with the law(s)? Why or Why Not? I honestly don’t know because I have knowledge of the law. If the law is more security on borders then I’m against it.

No comments:

Post a Comment