Monday, May 24, 2010

Americans-Shamara Dickson

Name Shamara Dickson______________________________

Date May 24, 2010________________________________

Americans

Procedures

1. What are some things about your life that you value? List at least 5 things and explain each.
My mother, my Daddy, my family, my friends, my education
2. How do these things shape your behavior?
(I am caring, and im not selfish because I care about other people and not material things. And things that will help me in my life)
3. Based on who you are, complete the following statements”

a. I am informal when I got to school or at home
b. I am self-reliant when I need supplies for myself or when I need to take
c. I am efficient when I need to get my work done for school and when I have a job
d. I think social equity involves home designing, job searching
e. I am assertive when it involves my education
f. I am optimistic when someone wants me to make a decision

4. Not everyone in the world shares your values. Do you think every person in America shares your values? Why or Why Not? Does everyone in this classroom share your values? Why or Why Not?
- no I don’t think everybody shares the same values because some people have money or material things o make them happy. Some people may have problems with there families, and some people only have there families as values. Everyone doesn’t not share the same values because they might have different way of life.
5. Essential Questions

a. How does it feel when others see you as different – or as an outsider?
- it makes me feel not wanted or like I don’t belong there.
b. How do your beliefs, values, and cultural upbringing influence the way you behave?
-It makes me more respectful, and careful
c. How can you avoid cultural stereotyping?
-ignore it and try not to get into the discussion
6. Research the immigration law(s) recently passed in Arizona. Do you agree with the law(s)? Why or Why Not? (Yes because if a police officer stops an illegal citizen and they don’t have proof that they can be in that state the police officers have the right to stop them. And I another way I say its not right because that could be prejudiced to the immagrants. You could spot an immigrant and bring them to jail without even asking questions! ITS NO RIGHT…. BUT IT

No comments:

Post a Comment