Monday, May 24, 2010

Americans-Xavier Granados

Name: Xavier Granados________________________________

Date: 5/24/10________________________________

Americans

Procedures

What are some things about your life that you value? List at least 5 things and explain each.
Family because my family is important to me, food because I need food to survive, money because I need money to buy food and supplies I need, clothes because I wouldn’t want to be naked around, and Xbox 360 because I like to play video games.
How do these things shape your behavior?
These things shape my behavior because my family will get me mad at some point and I will talk back, food will shape my behavior because when I’m hungry I will be asking my mom when the food going to be ready, money because when I can’t buy something I really need I’ll be like man I needed that, clothes will shape my behavior because if I’m naked in front of people it will be awkward and embarrassing, Xbox 360 because if I lose a game when I was doing really good and it makes me restart the whole game I’ll be like NOO!!!
Based on who you are, complete the following statements”

I am informal when I lay on my bed listening to music or watching TV.
I am self-reliant when I stay in the house by my self.
I am efficient when I do my work.
I think social equity involves talking to people equity.
I am assertive when my brother hits me.
I am optimistic when a friend/family asks me to help them out.

Not everyone in the world shares your values. Do you think every person in America shares your values? Why or Why Not? Does everyone in this classroom share your values? Why or Why Not?
Yeah, kind of because family is very important to someone. Yeah because family is pretty much #1.
Essential Questions

How does it feel when others see you as different – or as an outsider?
How do your beliefs, values, and cultural upbringing influence the way you behave?
How can you avoid cultural stereotyping?

6. Research the immigration law(s) recently passed in Arizona. Do you agree with the law(s)? Why or Why Not?

No comments:

Post a Comment