Monday, May 24, 2010

Americans-Jasmyn Ajlouny

Name ________Jasmyn Ajlouny________________________

Date _________May 24, 2010________________________

Americans

Procedures
Name 5 things you value most in life…I value:
· My cell phone
· My music
· My ability to sleep
· My close friends
· My charisma and intelligence

1. How do these things shape your behavior?
These things shape my behavior by showing what kind of person I am. I have charisma and intelligence so it makes my behavior a very friendly one and I like music so I’m very open to new ideas. I value my close friend so I show a positive behavior to keep them close and I very much like sleep so my behavior can be very mellow and tired or awake and energetic. Lastly I cherish my phone I think because I’m 14 years old and this device is the greatest thing ever invented to me besides sleep.
2. Based on who you are, complete the following statements”

a. I am informal when I am at home or in a domesticated area.
b. I am self-reliant when I am by myself or I am doing something where I need to be on my own and all I have is myself to count on.
c. I am efficient when I need to get something important done and I need to do it right and efficiently.
d. I think social equity involves treating everyone equal no matter who they are or what their race or religion is.
e. I am assertive when I get a little to frustraighted or I am trying to get my point across when someone isn’t being open minded.
f. I am optimistic most all the time, keeping my attitude optimistic helps me be a better person.

3. Not everyone in the world shares your values. Do you think every person in America shares your values? Why or Why Not? Does everyone in this classroom share your values? Why or Why Not? No, I do not think everyone in the world should share my values except my religion of course. I am not saying everyone bow down nd pray but we should all do our best to be good Christians. But my religion is just like everyone else’s where every religion believes that theirs is dominate and you should convert to us. All my other values are my own. They’re what make’s me the person I am. I’m sure that not all the students in this classroom has my same values either and that’s ok with me.

4. Essential Questions

a. How does it feel when others see you as different – or as an outsider? It doesn’t make me feel very good especially when there portraying me in a negative way.
b. How do your beliefs, values, and cultural upbringing influence the way you behave? My belief as a Christian brought me up to follow the ways of the bible and God and everything I am taught I do my best to be the best person/ Christian I can be making me the person I am.
c. How can you avoid cultural stereotyping? Try not bringing up your culture if you know if might cause a conflict or dilemma where you might be debating with someone about your culture and beliefs.

6. Research the immigration law(s) recently passed in Arizona. Do you agree with the law(s)? Why or Why Not? Yes, because the people who are illegally immigrating to Arizona now have less of a chance to keep up the immigration and the immigration laws in the U.S. have been set and should be followed by all countries of the world.

No comments:

Post a Comment