Monday, May 24, 2010

Americans-Tyler Maree

Name _Tyler Maree_______________________________

Date 5/24/10_________________________________

Americans

Procedures

What are some things about your life that you value? List at least 5 things and explain each. My family, my friends, I have a bed to sleep on, the job my father has to support us, a roof over my head and food we eat. These are things some people don’t have and I’m grateful I have them.

How do these things shape your behavior?
My family shaped/trained me to always be nice and always do as told by adults.
So I guess I behave the way I do because of my parents.
Based on who you are, complete the following statements”

I am informal when I’m at home or with my friends
I am self-reliant when I take tests and am alone
I am efficient when I’m in school
I think social equity involves how social you are
I am assertive when I have to set down the rules when I watch my siblings
I am optimistic when I am having celebrations

Not everyone in the world shares your values. Do you think every person in America shares your values? Why or Why Not? Does everyone in this classroom share your values? Why or Why Not? No. People in the world are mean and nasty I’m nice almost all the time. No. everyone is unique and no one is the same.

Essential Questions

How does it feel when others see you as different – or as an outsider? Being called an outsider upsets me.
How do your beliefs, values, and cultural upbringing influence the way you behave? Since I’m Christian I try to stay out of violence and except everyone.
How can you avoid cultural stereotyping? Just stay away from it.

6. Research the immigration law(s) recently passed in Arizona. Do you agree with the law(s)? Why or Why Not? No. If people want to come to America they should be aloud. On the other hand we need order so we don’t run out of room in our country.

No comments:

Post a Comment