Monday, May 24, 2010

americans-william fitzpatrick

Name William Fitzpatrick_______________________________

Date 5/24/10_________________________________

Americans

Procedures

What are some things about your life that you value? List at least 5 things and explain each.
· My family members.
· Our celebrations; for example, 4th of July or, and Christmas.
· My animals/pets.
· My friends that care for/about me.
· My families ancestry.
How do these things shape your behavior?
They say I am caring but have a selfish side.
Based on who you are, complete the following statements”

I am informal when I am out in restaurants.
I am self-reliant when I am playing sports. Such as Track.
I am efficient when I am playing football.
I think social equity involves talking about how your day went.
I am assertive when people are struggling with a job that I can do.
I am optimistic toward global warming.

Not everyone in the world shares your values. Do you think every person in America shares your values? Why or Why Not? Does everyone in this classroom share your values? Why or Why Not?
No, because I could send money to help out with starving citizens in Haiti.No, They don’t have all the stuff I have.
Essential Questions

How does it feel when others see you as different – or as an outsider? It doesn’t effect me at all.
How do your beliefs, values, and cultural upbringing influence the way you behave? If your parents are strict on you, you tend to act better.
How can you avoid cultural stereotyping?
By treating everyone the same.
6. Research the immigration law(s) recently passed in Arizona. Do you agree with the law(s)? Why or Why Not? No I think it is very disrespectful.

No comments:

Post a Comment