Monday, May 24, 2010

Americans- Abigail Santos

Name _____Abigail Santos___________________________

Date ______________May 24, 2010___________________

Americans

Procedures

What are some things about your life that you value? List at least 5 things and explain each.
a. My flash drive
b. My family
c. Church
d. Friends
e. Laptop


2. How do these things shape your behavior?
These things shape my behavior because he things I surround my self with absorb into me and that reflects

Based on who you are, complete the following statements”

I am informal when, I am writing
I am self-reliant when I am writing or reading
I am efficient when I am writing things down
I think social equity involves People being together as one
I am assertive when I am alone doing my own thing
I am optimistic when I am writing because I can write anything in the world.

Not everyone in the world shares your values. Do you think every person in America shares your values? Why or Why Not? Does everyone in this classroom share your values? Why or Why Not? No, they may be similar but no one has the exact same view as you. NO one in this class has the same view because everyone has different views, religions etc.

Essential Questions

How does it feel when others see you as different – or as an outsider? I feel kind of sad but that is okay because I probably see them as different also.
How do your beliefs, values, and cultural upbringing influence the way you behave? It influences me because the way my parents act is the way I was and am being brought up.
How can you avoid cultural stereotyping? There is actually never any way to avoid it, because it is every where but I think there are ways to stop yourself from bringing up to it.

6. Research the immigration law(s) recently passed in Arizona. Do you agree with the law(s)? Why or Why Not?

No comments:

Post a Comment