Monday, May 24, 2010

americans-eric reyes

Name _Eric Reyes_______________________________

Date __5/24/10_______________________________

Americans

Procedures

What are some things about your life that you value? List at least 5 things and explain each. My ps3 because I love to play video games, my football because I love to play sports when I’m bored or when its nice outside, my clothes because I don’t want to be naked, music for my entertainment, and my family because they are always there for me

How do these things shape your behavior?
Because they pretty much make my behavior or they way I act because those are the things I like to do
Based on who you are, complete the following statements”

I am informal when I watch TV
I am self-reliant when I have to go to El-Salvador by my self
I am efficient when I play call of duty modern warfare 2
I think social equity involves
I am assertive when I am playing a sport because I like to be competitive
I am optimistic when I go to an amusement park

Not everyone in the world shares your values. Do you think every person in America shares your values? Why or Why Not? Does everyone in this classroom share your values? Why or Why Not? No not everybody shares the same values because everyone is different and not everybody likes the same things. Also no not everyone in the class shares the same values either because like I said everyone is different.

Essential Questions

How does it feel when others see you as different – or as an outsider? I don’t really fell anything because I don’t really care but if I did care I would probably feel left out and not important
How do your beliefs, values, and cultural up bringing influence the way you behave? Because my beliefs, values, and culture don’t really change my behavior except probably my beliefs because I believe you shouldn’t be afraid of anybody because fear is just a heavy burden.
How can you avoid cultural stereotyping? You cant avoid stereotyping its always going to happen no matter what they are always going to have something to say.

No comments:

Post a Comment